Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Core: Arenas of Combat Contest - Day 2

Day 2 I widened the entire level and focused mostly on developing mid and the lower areas of the level. I also spent some time adding terrain and doing a bit of minor artpassing. Tomorrow I'm going to have to focus on developing the interiors more, they're starting to feel a bit lacking compared to the new mid. 

Here area couple of screenshots of the changed areas.


Here are my current thought's on it based on a bit of play testing I did.


1. The terrain isn't developed yet but I feel it adds a whole lot to the layout. The layout today felt alot better today than it did yesterday.

2. I changed the way the spawns work in that they now spawn the player as far a possible from other players. They still need work though, during play testing I spawned in the same place twice.

3. I raised the middle platform and I'm glad to see that it alleviated some of the issues I've had with sightlines. It feels a lot better to play in the outside areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment